In order to optimize PHP performance on Windows Server, the following steps can be performed:
- Using FastCGI – extension to the CGI protocol that provides high performance for all Internet applications without any of the limitations of existing Web server APIs. To do that, use the following steps:
- Make sure that FastCGI PHP handlers are enabled under Tools & Setting > PHP Settings.
- Change PHP handlers for the domain under Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > run PHP as FastCGI application > Apply.
- Enable WinCache module for PHP 5.4 or OPcache module for PHP 5.5 and newer under Tools & Setting > PHP Settings and click on required handler from the list.
- Many content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla provide modules, plugins or extensions which can improve web application performance by generating static pages and storing them in the application cache. Please refer to the corresponding official website for more details.